Degrees and Certifications:
Geology & Astronomy (Morin)
I have been teaching at Mesa Ridge since the building opened in 1997.
I teach Geology and Astronomy; two subjects I am very passionate about!
If you enter my class, be prepared to hear phrases like:
"Look at this amazing thing!" and "This is my favorite (rock, fossil, volcano, topic ........!)"
Outside of school I love to run, Zumba, play guitar and spend time with my family and friends.
Welcome to all students in Geology!
Parents should know the following:
1. Geology is a challenging upper-level course.
2. Students do best in the class when they attend regularly.
3. I am always willing to help students! Advisory and after school are best.
4. Geology is designed to make sure that all students "get it"!
5. I am quick at updating grades in Infinite Campus.
6. The beginning of each unit is spent practicing skills taught in Geology. Practice material is not graded. Therefore, grades for each unit will not be in Infinite Campus until we are well into the unit. This does NOT mean that students are not learning, but that students are mastering skills before they are graded.
7. The best way for parents to reach me is through the district email at email@example.com
Welcome to Astronomy!
There will be four units in Astronomy this semester:
1. Cycles of the Sky
2. The Solar System
4. The Universe
THERE IS NO SUMMER HOMEWORK FOR GEOLOGY OR ASTRONOMY.