Financial Transparency Standard Template
Required Financial Transparency
Public School Financial Transparency Act
(Commencing July 1, 2017)
- District Adopted Budget - Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior two years)
- District Financial Audit (current and prior two years)
- Salary Schedules or Policies (current and prior two years)
- Financial Data File for FY15-16
- List of Waivers Received by the School District
- Individual School Site Financial Information* (current and prior two years)
- Other District-Specific Financial Information
The adopted budget, financial audit, and salary schedules must be posted or updated within 60 days after completion or receipt of the applicable report, statement or document. The Financial Data File for FY16-17 is required to be posted no later than March 1, 2018. The list of waivers must be updated or posted within 30 days after a waiver is revoked or a new waiver is granted.
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly normal and justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
Widefield School District 3
Widefield School District 3 is located in south El Paso County, Colorado and encompasses approximately 59 square miles. The district was originally organized in 1874 and now serves the communities of Widefield, Security, portions of Fountain, Colorado Springs and surrounding rural areas. District 3 strongly supports military families, and is the only school district in Colorado that owns and operates its own parks and recreation center.