Required Financial Transparency
Public School Financial Transparency Act
Colorado Revised Statutes, 22-44-304
(Commencing July 1, 2018)
- District Adopted Budget - Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior two years)
- District Financial Audit (current and prior two years)
- Salary Schedules or Policies (current and prior two years)
- Financial Data File for FY 17-18
- Financial Data File for FY 16-17
- Financial Data File for FY 15-16
- List of Waivers Received by the School District
- Standardized Description and Rational for Each Automatic Waiver - N/A
- Federal Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PF and any associated schedules - N/A
- Plan for Distributing Additional Mill Levy Revenue or Statement of Intent to Distribute
- Other District-Specific Financial Information
All documents above must be posted or updated within 60 days (30 days for waiver information) after completion or receipt of the applicable report, statement or document.
*Financial Data File for FY 17-18 is required to be posted no later than March 1, 2019.
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly normal and justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
Widefield School District 3
Widefield School District 3 is located in south El Paso County, Colorado and encompasses approximately 59 square miles. The district was originally organized in 1874 and now serves the communities of Widefield, Security, portions of Fountain, Colorado Springs and surrounding rural areas. District 3 strongly supports military families, and is the only school district in Colorado that owns and operates its own parks and recreation center.