Why Choose WSD3?
Widefield School District 3 offers unique educational opportunities for all grade levels.
We have three focus elementary schools:
• Widefield (Performing/Visual Arts)
• Talbott STEAM & Innovation School (STEAM)
• Pinello (STEM)
- We are proud to offer Project Lead The Way (PLTW), the nation's leading K-12 science, technology, engineering, and math program (STEM).
- We offer a K-12 online program for students through the D3 My Way program.
- The National Association of Music Merchants Foundation has named Widefield School District 3 a “Best Community for Music Education”.
- We promote positive change throughout our schools and the community through Rachel's Challenge. Our student empowered clubs work hard to support everyone in the district by creating a culture of kindness, compassion and respect.
- We are the ONLY school district in Colorado to own and operate a community center. Widefield Parks and Recreation provides preschools, before/after school programs, youth and adult sports, swimming and fitness classes year round.
Join Widefield School District 3, it's more than an education, it's a lifestyle!
School of Choice & Boundary Waiver Information Title I Information
- If you live within Widefield School District 3 boundaries and plan on attending a school other than your home school, you must complete a School of Choice Permit Application. Applications are available in the offices of all District 3 schools. They must be completed and returned to the school you wish to attend by the last school day in February. A copy of your child’s most recent transcript or report card will be required.
- If you are currently attending a school in District 3 on a School of Choice of Permit and would like to continue your education in District 3, you must reapply and return the permit to the appropriate school by the last school day in February. A copy of your child’s most recent transcript or report card will be required.
- If you live outside of Widefield School District 3 and wish to attend a District 3 school, a School of Choice permit must be completed and returned to the school you wish to attend by the first Friday in May.
A copy of your child’s most recent transcript or report card along with a copy of his/her birth certification and immunization record will be required.
- If your student has qualified for Special Education Services a copy of the most recent or current Individualized Education Program (IEP) will be required.
- A School of Choice Permit Application must be completed and returned every school year to the school you wish to attend.
- If your student’s application is received after the appropriate due date, his/her name will be placed on a waiting list.