Advanced Art is for students who have already taken Art 1, Freehand Drawing, Ceramics and Sculpture and Drawing and Painting. This class is an opportunity for the student to apply previously learned skills, techniques and materials to larger, more advanced art projects. These projects will eventually become an official Artist Portfolio. The content of this class will be based on what is necessary to have in a proper portfolio. A portfolio is needed in order to be considered for art school or an art related career.
CLASS CONTENT – Will be broken down into two categories, Subject Matter and Medium. Each project will be a combination of at least one item from each category.
SUBJECT MATTER- a well rounded artist should be able to portray skill and use of the following:
- Drawing from observation
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- Use of imagination
- An ability to tell a visual story
- Good composition
- Knowledge of spatial relationships and perspective
- Computer skills
MEDIUM - a well rounded artist should be able to show skill and use of the following:
- Value Drawing with a variety of materials.
- Color Drawing with a variety of materials.
- Painting- using several types of paint.
- 3-D Art using a variety of materials, both sculptural and ceramic.
- Computer Art done with a variety of applications.
SUPPLIES NEEDED – You should already have materials from previous classes. Some materials will be new to you, and I will supply materials we have not explored before.
- Drawing Pencils, Blending Stump and Kneaded Eraser
- Markers and Colored Pencils
- Set of Paint Brushes
- Paper or Fabric Portfolio to keep artwork in
A $5.00 Lab Fee is required for this class each semester
- Door closes at bell
- Class time is for creating art
- Follow instructions
- If you don’t know, ask
- Be respectful and kind
- Clean up after yourself
- No cell phones or music players
Art Projects- (80% of grade) Your score will be based on meeting project objectives, effort given and proper use of class time.
Sketchbook- (20% of grade) Sketchbook entries must be completed prior to due date to receive credit. Score will be based on meeting objectives and effort given.
Portfolio- Your final grade second semester will be based on completion and inclusion of each project required to be in your portfolio.
My goal is to work with you on an individual basis as you complete each project. The objectives will be group specific, but each of you will have your own style and way of approaching the given task. I want to help you become the true artist you are meant to be!
THIS YEAR I WANT YOU TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF AND FEARLESSLY TAKE ON THE THINGS YOU THINK ARE GOING TO BE HARD. IF THEY WERE EASY YOU WOULD NOT GROW, AND EASY IS BORING!!!