(ADVANCED PLACEMENT ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE)
“The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction.”
AP Environmental Science
Pre-requisite: successful completion of biology or PLTW: PBS
Year Course 10-11-12
The goal of the AP Environmental Science course is to provide students with the scientific principles, concepts, and methodologies required to understand the interrelationships of the natural world, to identify and analyze environmental problems both natural and human-made, to evaluate the relative risks associated with these problems, and to examine alternative solutions for resolving or preventing them.
Google Classroom Code: dna2ln
Materials for Class
- 3-ring binder
- 12 subject dividers for science only
- For each unit
- colored pencils (as needed)
- notebook paper
Any work not turned in at the time requested is subject to a late penalty:
- one day, 10% is subtracted
- two or more days, 40% will be subtracted
- work may be made up during Advisory for 70% credit (a loss of 30%).
- Credit will ONLY be given for work completed in Advisory.
** I have to see you working on the assignment for any credit to be given if the assignment is considered late and already handed back. **