The following resources may be helpful to facilitate understanding of the unique gifts and talents of the GT child.
1. Colorado Department of Education (CDE) This link within the larger Colorado Department of Education is provided to assist with questions that both educators and parents may have around working with gifted and talented students.
2. 12 Traits of Gifted: http//www.cde.state.co.us/gt/12traitsof-giftedness
3. Video Top 10 Myths of Gifted: https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDJst-y ptl
4. Colorado Association for Gifted and Talented (CAGT) CAGT is a non-profit organization of parents, educators, and others interested in promoting suitable education, including creative stimulation, for gifted and talented children, while also seeking public recognition and aid for the special needs of these children. http://www.coloradogifted.org/
5. The Center for Bright Kids – http://www.cneterforbrightkids.org
6. National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) NAGC is a non-profit organization of parents, teachers, educators, other professionals and community leaders who unite to address the unique needs of children and youth with demonstrated gifts and talents as well as those children who may be able to develop their talent potential with appropriate educational experiences. http://www.nagc.org/
7. Gifted Child Monthly This is an on-line newsletter for parents and teachers of gifted and talented children. https://gifted-children.com/
8. Hoagie’s Kids and Teens Links to contests and awards, hot topics, internet investigations, lists of movies with gifted kids as the leading characters, and much, much more! http://www.hoagiesgifted.org
9. Parenting for High Potential (NAGC Publication) -- http://www.nagc.org/resources-publications/nagcpublications/parenting-high-potential
10. Pre-K Smarties Information in raising gifted infants and preschoolers. http://preksmarties.com/gifted.htm
11. SENG (Social Emotional Needs of Gifted) SENG is dedicated to fostering the social emotional needs of gifted adults and children. At this site, current articles and conference information are available that serve to support social and emotional issues that affect the gifted population. http://www.sengifted.org/
12. Understood for learning & attention issues – http://www.understood.org