Delays & Closures
Widefield School District 3 is using a Weather Dial to show where we are in tradition weather closures before we move to virtual learning days. The District will also send updates to staff and families as we get closer to virtual learning days.
Current Status: 0 Days Used
- Make inclement weather decision(s) based on staff and students’ safety.
- Make the decision as to whether we will have a two-hour delay, full closure, or virtual learning day, and announce no later than 5:00 A.M. by notifying local media through FlashAlert.
- Notify all staff and families of the decision to close or delay school via email, text, and app push notification on Remind. You can also check our website, social media channels, or local news media outlets.
Not penalize students if parents keep them home or pick them up from school on questionable days. Parents must follow proper absence reporting procedures by calling your child’s school.
Two Hour Late Start
WSD3 may use a two-hour late start as an option between closing schools or starting at the normal times. A two-hour late start may be used when a storm is passing or when additional time may be needed to prepare for students and staff arriving at their schools. Two-hour late starts will be announced by 5:30 a.m. through the same channels as a school closure.
When district officials announce a two-hour late start, all start times, bus pickup times and other standard schedules will be moved back by two hours. Schools will release at normal times in the afternoon.
- If there is a two-hour late start, morning (a.m.) pre-school will be canceled for that day. Certified kindergarten and pre-school staff are to report with the rest of the instructional staff.
- District maintenance staff will report as scheduled by the supervisor. Administrators, identified office staff, and 12-month employees are to report as soon as they can safely arrive at their responsibility centers. Instructional staff is to report as soon as it is safe to do so, but before students are to arrive at the conclusion of the delay.