- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- GETTING TO KNOW COLORADO SPRINGS
- GUEST TEACHERS
- STUDENT TEACHER/INTERNSHIPS
Widefield School District 3 is ALWAYS accepting applications!
COMPENSATION & PERSONNEL POLICIES
- Teacher & Other Non-Administrative Licensed Personnel Salary
- Non-Licensed Personnel Compensation
- Other compensation information
We hire 200+ licensed and non-licensed positions yearly and encourage applications at any time. Licensed positions typically begin employment in January and August, and non-licensed positions become available monthly throughout the school year. We also accept applications for both licensed and non-licensed substitutes in all areas at any time.
Available licensed and non-licensed positions in our District are not typically posted online. If you are interested in employment, please submit an online application at any time. Administrative level positions and details on how to apply will be posted on our website when available.
If you have questions or need further information, please contact our office at (719) 391-3015 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
WSD3 Employees - Additional information and resources for employees are accessible by logging into the District Intranet.
WSD3 is now accepting Guest Teachers applications, click here: Online Application
Effective March 13, 2013, WSD3 will only accept substitute applications from those holding a certified teaching license with a 3 or 5 year substitute authorization.
Guest Teacher Pay
$60.00 Per Half Day Monday - Friday
$115.00 Per Day Monday - Thursday
$125.00 Per Day Fridays
$135.00 Per Day Assignments with durations between 16 and 44 consecutive days, OR after 44 non-consecutive days within a school year
Guest Educational Assistants & Guest Secretaries
$10.50 Per Hour Monday - Friday
+$0.50 Per Hour After 44 non-consecutive days in a school year
Please contact Cheri Smith, at (719)391-3015 or via email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
- Demonstrates effective organizational, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates punctuality and good attendance.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures, including proper use of equipment.
- Reports all unsafe conditions/activities to supervisor, Human Resources or Risk Manager.
- Demonstrates aptitude and interest for the work to be performed.
- Follows appropriate district policies and procedures.
- Meets deadlines.
- Demonstrates confidentiality as related to job.
- Develops and maintains professional working relations with other district employee.
Terms of Employment - Nothing contained in this job description is intended to create any contractual obligations on the part of the substitute teacher or the school district. Substitute teachers have the right to terminate their associations with the school district, with or without reason, and the school district retains the same right.
Last Updated: 9/21/2017
Responsibilities of Student Teachers/Internships
Section L of the Board of Education Policy Book
Student Teacher/SSP Interns/Counseling Interns
Student Teachers/SSP Interns/Counseling Interns will need to complete an external application within our AppliTrack (AppliTrack) system. In order to prepare for the application, you will need the following:
- Your up-to-date transcripts
- Three references letters
- An introduction letter
- A document from your university outlining the university’s expectations and responsibilities of the district, school, mentor, and student
Once the application is submitted and reviewed, the student will receive a call to schedule an interview. Please do not contact the school, principal, counselor, SSP or teacher before completing the Human Resources process.
If you have questions, please contact Jennifer Sanchez-Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director of Human Resources
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Human Resource Associate
Office Risk Manager