Spartan Summer Football Program
- The football team will meet every Wednesday starting the first week of June.
- Please check Facebook “Sproul Spartan Football” for updates.
- Football calendar for summer will be posted on school website.
FOOTBALL RULES OF PLAY
- Must have 5 full practices before contact:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd days no contact, helmets only
- 4th day no contact, add shoulder pads and pants
- 5th day full uniforms, hit dummies and sleds
- 6th day full contact
NATIONAL FEDERATION HIGH SCHOOL RULES
- 7th Gd. - 7 minute qtrs, 8th Gd. – 8-minute qtrs. Half time = 8 min. (5 min. talk, 3 min. warm-up).
- If one team is ahead by 35 points or more in 2nd half, resort to running clock. Stop clock only for time-outs, injuries, & points after touchdown (not for penalties). Once running clock is started, it will remain running clock for remainder of game, regardless of score.
- No tie breakers or overtime, no games made up for weather or other cancellations.
- Adults must be on down markers, students O.K. on chains.
- Keep players’ boxes clear of fans & parents, with a physical boundary to keep parents away from playing
- Schools use a TDY size football.
- Pass or run extra points will be two points.
- A kicked point after will be one point.
- All helmets must have a four-point chin-strap
- No field goals will be allowed
- White and clear mouth guards are prohibited
Ryan Langan- 8th Grade Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator email@example.com
Ernie De Rubis- 8th Grade Defensive Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Krablean-7th Grade Head Coach /Defensive Coordinator email@example.com
Daniel Christensen-7th Grade Offensive Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Tutje - 7th Grade Coach email@example.com