Sproul is joining a new league!
Widefield School District 3 is partnering with four other districts to create the South Metro League! The districts joining us will be Harrison District 2, Fountain District 8, Cheyenne District 12, and Falcon District 49. With this new league comes changes.
- We will now have Varsity and Junior Varsity teams for all sports except football. Football will remain 7th and 8th grade only.
- All students, including 6th graders, have the opportunity to try out (except in football). This means 6th graders must have physicals to play sports.
- Cross Country will now be an interscholastic sport instead of an intramural.
- Softball will now be fast-pitch.
- We will no longer charge for indoor events except wrestling tournaments.
- The order of sports seasons has also changed:
- August - Beginning of October = Football, Volleyball, and Cross Country
- October - December = Boys' Basketball
- December - February = Girls' Basketball
- February - March = Wrestling
- March - May = Softball and Track
- We will still have an Intramural Program for 6th grade only.
Sproul Athletics/Physical Night: August 13, 2017 @ 4pm
Come meet with all the coaches and get your physical. All athletes must have current physicals and all necessary paperwork filled out before they are allowed to participate in any sport. Please come to Sproul Athletics/Physical Night to make sure you are ready to compete. Physicals from your doctor for the 2018-19 school year must be dated after June 1, 2018. District Physical Form. Physicals done at Sproul are $15 and will begin at 5:00pm.
Closed Practices:All teams have closed practices to spectators. Please contact the coaches if you'd like to observe.