SOPHOMORE COUNSELOR - CLASS OF 2021
Mr. Thaddeus Hall, 719-391-3116, email@example.com
COUNSELING CENTER 2018 SUMMER INFORMATION
- The counseling center will be closed from June 5 to July 24. The secretary returns July 24. Her hours will be 7:00am – 3:00pm. The counselors return August 2.
- AUGUST 3 & 8 WILL BE NEWLY ENROLLED WIDEFIELD HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT APPOINTMENTS ONLY!! IF YOUR STUDENT HAS AN IEP, THOSE NEWLY ENROLLED IEP STUDENT APPOINTMENTS WILL BE AUGUST 9.
You may also try to do a walk-in schedule change appointment, be prepared to wait. Scheduled new student appointments will come first. The counselors will try to get to you in between scheduled appointments. There will be no guarantee that you will be seen if the counselor’s schedules are full. There will be no walk-ins after 1pm.
- The counselors will take walk-in schedule changes after 8:00am on August 2, 6, 7. Walk-in schedule changes will also be on August 10 from 1:00 – 2:30pm; August 13 from 12:30 – 2:30pm; August 14 from 1:00 – 2:30pm. Be prepared to wait. It will be first come first serve.
- The last day for student initiated schedule changes will be August 23. Once school begins, a student that needs to make a semester schedule change will need to stop by the counseling center to put in a pass to see their counselor.
- If a student needs to drop/change a year-long class, they need to get the drop form from their teacher.
- If a student needs to drop/add an AP, Honors, music or ROTC class, they will need to make an appointment with the assistant principal in the principal’s office.
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES:
August 1 – 8am to 2pm – Link Crew Training – Small Gym
August 1 – 6pm – Parent/Athlete Meeting – Widefield HS Library
August 2 – 4pm to 8:30pm – Link Crew Training – Small Gym
August 4 – 10am – Bowers Gym – Boys & Girls Sports Physicals - $15 Cash - You will need a Sports Physical Packet from WHS Main Office.
August 6 – 8 to 10am – Junior and Senior Schedule Pick Up, Student ID’s, Purchase Yearbooks
August 6 – 12:30 to 1:30pm – Sophomore Schedule Pick Up, Student ID’s, Purchase Yearbooks
August 6 – Fall Sports Practices Begin
August 7 – 7am to 1pm – Freshmen Orientation
August 10 – Teachers First Day
August 13 – 7:30am – Widefield School District 3 Convocation – Bowers Gym
August 14 – 2pm – 3pm – Open Campus – Check out your locker and walk your schedule
August 15 – Students First Day – 7:15am to 2:45pm
August 23 – 6pm – Back To School Night/Open House
ATTENTION UPCOMING JUNIORS!!
COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES' SUMMER MULTICULTURAL ENGINEERING TRAINING (SUMMET) PROGRAM APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN!
SUMMET is a science and engineering program designed for rising juniors and seniors who are from underrepresented populations, including ethnic minority, rural areas and women throughout the states of Colorado and Oklahoma. SUMMET combines course work, hands-on projects, industry tours, sporting activities and social events, providing an excellent glimpse into the lifestyle and opportunities of college. SUMMET students stay in Mines' residence halls, experience life as a college student, and receive STEM related curriculum instruction. They provide room & board, including all meals, course materials and access to all off-campus events. Transportation to and from Mines' is not provided. This is a GREAT opportunity for those rising juniors and seniors who excel and show interest in math and science!
SUMMET Session Dates
June 3 - 15, 2018
June 17 - 29, 2018
July 8 - 20, 2018
DEADLINE MARCH 2, 2018
Click here for link to application>>>SUMMET Program Application
PSAT Scores Are Available!!
Sophomores that are interested in obtaining their PSAT scores, click on this link >>> College Board PSAT Scores to get instructions.
ACT on Drugs, Inc.
On February 9, 2017, Lynn Reimer was a quest speaker at WHS on the subject of "New Trends in Substance Abuse". Click here<<<To access her "Parent Handout". ACT on Drugs, Inc. is a Colorado registered non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, with a mission to educate parents, teens, and professionals about addictive and psychoactive substances, both legal and illegal, which are available in all communities. Visit www.actondrugs.org for more information.