Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the Title 1 Home Page!
What do Title I programs offer? Title I programs generally offer:
● The Title 1 program will provide your student with extra educational assistance beyond the regular classroom ● Smaller classes or special instructional spaces
● Additional teaching materials which supplement a student’s regular instruction How can I get involved? Parents, you can influence the success of your student in school more than any teacher or federal program. By becoming an active participant in the Title I parent involvement plan at your school, you will:
● Serve as a role model, showing your student that you support his/her education.
● Assure that you are aware of your student’s educational progress; thereby demonstrating how important that progress is to you.
● Teach your student that your input at the school is appreciated and that you support its efforts. What does research tell us? Research shows that how well students do in school depends a great deal upon how much their parents get involved in their education. You can become more involved by:
● Joining local and national school/parent organizations
● Supporting school extra-curricular activities
● Volunteering at the school
● Attending parent-teacher conferences
● Communicating with your student’s teacher regularly, by writing notes, telephoning the school, etc.
● Keeping your student’s teacher informed about events in his or her life which may affect his/her performance at school
● Discussing with your student’s teacher and parent organizations other ideas for parent involvement
If you have any questions please let me know.