WHY USE REMIND?
You are your child’s first teacher. Student success depends on the support of networks that include parents, teachers, and other key stakeholders in their school communities. To strengthen these partnerships, teachers are using Remind to bring learning home. Remind is a free, safe messaging app that keeps families up to date with what’s happening in the classroom. Teachers can send messages to an entire class, smaller groups, or individuals. These quick, simple messages can help you and your student stay informed about:
- Homework assignments
- Field trip updates
- Schedule changes
- Personalized support or feedback
- And more! Remind is safe
REMIND IS SAFE
- Personal contact information stays private.
- Phone numbers aren’t exchanged between teachers, students, and parents.
- Messages can’t be edited or deleted, so a complete message history is always available to access and download.
- Everyone has the ability to report users who violate Remind’s Community Guidelines.
- Students under the age of 13 need to enter a parent or guardian’s email address before using Remind.
- They can only receive messages from their teachers.
SETTING UP REMIND
Here is a video demo to see how Remind works.
For assistance or support: reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
When parents download the app, push notifications are turned on and text and email Remind messages are automatically disabled - so they do not receive duplicates.
Parents can manage all of their notifications from their phone using the Remind app. First, make sure they are logged into the app on their phone. Second, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right of the screen. Next, click on Account. Then, click on the gear in the top right and choose “Notification.” There, they can choose any combination of Push notifications (for the app) email, and text. At least one needs to be turned on