Portable Internet Hotspots Available to borrow!
Security Public Library cardholders can access free, unlimited high-speed internet from almost anywhere through our Wi-Fi hotspot lending program.
Portable hotspots allow library cardholders who do not have home internet access to easily get online from almost anywhere using a Wi-Fi-enabled device such as a phone, tablet or laptop. Hotspots are available to check out just like a book or DVD. You can also place them on hold in our catalog! Call 391-3195 for more information.
MOBILE WIFI HOTSPOT LENDING POLICY PROCEDURE
· Hotspot devices are available to Security Public Library card holders only.
· Hotspot devices are available to patrons eighteen (18) years of age and older with valid Driver’s License.
· Hotspot devices are loaned for 21 days with one renewal if there are no holds
· Only one hotspot device per household.
· Hotspot devices MUST be returned to Security Public Library, in person at the Service Desk, NOT in the book drop.
· Overdue hotspot devices will be deactivated within twenty-four (24) hours of the due date.
· Users who repeatedly return hotspot devices late three (3) times or more will lose borrowing privileges for six months.
· Internet service relies on cell tower technology and coverage and user experience can vary based on location. Service is only available in United States.
· The Security Public Library is not responsible for personal information shared over the internet or for information and websites accessed.
· Library patrons will need to provide their own Wi-Fi enabled equipment. The library staff cannot troubleshoot problems related to the patron’s hardware, software or configurations. Library staff is not permitted to handle patrons’ laptops, tablets, smart phones or other personal devices. Please note that the Library cannot guarantee a particular device will work with the Library’s mobile hotspot.
· Parents/guardians are responsible for the use of hotspot devices by minors.
· Unlawful use of the Internet or use that violates the Security Public Library’s Internet Use Policy is prohibited and will result in the loss of privileges
· Hotspot devices should be kept in a temperature-controlled environment; DO NOT leave it in your car or in direct sunlight.
FINES AND FEES
· The user will be responsible for any lost or damaged hotspot devices and accessories. ·
· There are no overdue fines for late hotspot devices. Overdue hotspot devices will be deactivated within 24 hours of the due date and hotspot devices not returned within 28 days of the due date will be considered lost and the patron will be charged the full replacement cost of the hotspot and accessories.
· The replacement cost for a hotspot device is $300.00.
· The replacement cost for a lost charger is $25.00.
· The replacement cost for a lost case is $25.00.